Goal of This Blog
Goal of This Blog
This blog is written by physicians for both patients and other physicians. There will be numerous experts in the field of sexual medicine contributing information that they discover at conferences, summarize from the scientific literature, and conclude from their own clinical work and research.
Premature ejaculation is one of the more misunderstood medical issues of our time. It affects roughly 30% of men as well as their partners, and, until recently, the medical community has offered few solutions. Although PE is the most common sexual dysfunction in the world, millions of men have simply had to suffer with this condition in silence. To make matters worse, the internet is replete with ineffective solutions and inaccurate information about causes, treatments and even cures (which don't exist) . The purpose of this blog will be to take the accepted, proven medical and therapeutic information about premature ejaculation, along with some of the leading edge knowledge from recent research and make it available to our fellow physicians, and more importantly, to the public, in a form that is easy to understand.
Some of the topics our team of medical advisors will cover:
- What are the definitions and causes of premature ejaculation?
- Psychological vs. biological causes
- Prevalence of premature ejaculation by race, nationality, age, etc.
- Other factors that may influence PE (e.g. circumcision, erectile dysfunction, medical conditions)
- Historical and current day treatments What are the best sources for help with premature ejaculation?
- Review of tips, fixes, remedies and therapies for premature ejaculation
- The effectiveness of counseling behavioral therapy for premature ejaculation.
- An examination at the use of SSRIs (anti-depressants) such as dapoxetine
- Use of topical desensitizers for premature ejaculation (e.g. EMLA, PSD 502 and Promescent)
- Review of published articles about premature ejaculation in the medical journals - past and present.
Premature ejaculation is preventing many couples from attaining the sexual pleasure that they desire. We want to educate, empower, and inspire couples to control PE and achieve more gratifying sex lives.
The Absorption Pharmaceuticals Medical Advisory Board