Dr. Jordan Soper is a Board Certified Psychologist, AASECT Certified Sex Therapist, and owner of The Center for Sexual Health and Wellness in Las Vegas, NV.
Dr. Soper offers consultation, therapy, and assessments to organizations, couples, and individuals. Her specialties are trauma/PTSD, sexual health, and anxiety.
Her practice focuses on providing a safe and supportive environment for her clients and the use of evidence-based treatment methods in order to resolve the issues they're facing.
- Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology University of Indianapolis (APA-Accredited), Indianapolis, IN Concentration: Adult Psychopathology and Psychotherapy Dissertation: Effects of Gender on Peritraumatic Affective, Dissociative, and Trauma-like Responses: A Rape Analogue
- Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology University of Indianapolis (APA-Accredited), Indianapolis, IN
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology University of Nevada Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV Designation: Magna Cum Laude Minor: Marriage and Family Therapy
Areas of Expertise
- Military personnel and their families
- First responders
- Law enforcement
- LGBTQ+ community
- Sex workers (past and present)
- BDSM, kink, and the fetish community
Certifications and Licensure
- Licensed Psychologist (PY0808) State of Nevada
- Licensed Psychologist (PY60632945) State of Washington
- AASECT Certified Sex Therapist American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists
Publications & Presentations
- Soper, J. (June, 2021). Discussions In Culture & Experiences - Gender and Sexuality. Presented at Pacific Psychology and Comprehensive Health Clinic, Portland, OR.
- Soper, J. (April, 2021). An Introduction to Sex Therapy. Presented at The PRACTICE, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV.
- Soper, J. (February, 2021). Private Practice 101. Presented at Student Counseling and Psychological Services, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV.
- Soper, J. (January, 2021). Performance Anxiety Reduction Seminar. Presented at Aces & Arrows, Henderson, NV.
- Soper, J. (November, 2020). Working with Sexual Assault Survivors in the Emergency Department. Presented at Touro University, Henderson, NV. Soper, J. (July, 2020). PTSD and Sexual Intimacy. Presented at the Las Vegas Resiliency Center, Las Vegas. NV.
- Soper, J. (September, 2019). The Psychological Impact of Miscarriages. Presented at Touro University, Henderson, NV.
- Soper, J. (March, 2018). Nevada Psychological Association Response and Recovery from the October 1st Las Vegas Shooting. California Psychologist magazine.
- Soper, J. (May, 2017). LGBTQ: Introduction and Diversity Considerations. Presented at the VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System, North Las Vegas, NV.
- Soper, J. (March, 2017). Sex Therapy 101. Presented at the VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System, North Las Vegas, NV.
- Soper, J. (October, 2016). Professional Growth: Finances, Job Options, and Future Directions. Presented at the VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle Division, Seattle, WA.
- Soper, J. (September, 2015). An Introduction to Sex Therapy. Presented at the VA Puget Sound Health Care System, American Lake Division, Tacoma, WA.
- Elwood, L., Soper, J., and Olatunji, B. (January, 2015). Anger Management Techniques. The Encyclopedia of Clinical Psychology. Hoboken, New Jersey: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Naydenov, C., Elwood, L., and Soper, J. (November, 2015). An Examination of Rape Myth Acceptance, Sex Differences, and Distress in a Rape Film Analogue Study. Poster accepted for presentation at the Indiana Psychological Association Conference, Merrillville, IN.
- Allmond, J., Emsley, S., and Soper, J. (February, 2015). Sexually Problematic Behavior. Presented at the Hefner VA Medical Center Grand Rounds, Salisbury, NC.
- Soper, J. & Elwood, L. (November, 2013). Effects of Gender on Peritraumatic Affective, Dissociative, and Trauma-Like Responses: A Rape Analogue. Poster accepted for presentation at the Indiana Psychological Association Conference, Merrillville, IN.
- Soper, J., Duckworth, H., Nabors, L., Lewis, D., and Mabrey, T. (October, 2013). Education, Utility, and Application of Psychological Training with First Responders. Paper presented at the Indiana Academy of Social Science Conference, Muncie, IN.
- Elster, J., & Soper, J. (July, 2013). Evidence-Based Treatment for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Substance Abuse Disorders. Presented at the Susan Li Conference, Indianapolis, IN.
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Nevada Psychological Association (NPA)
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT)
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT)
- Society for Sex Therapy and Research (SSTAR)
- OCD Foundation
- Present NPA Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee, Member - 01/2021
- SPTA Public Education Campaign Coordinator for state of Nevada - 10/2017-05/2021
- NPA Legislative Committee, Member - 08-2017-05/2019
- NPA Executive Board, Secretary - 04/2017-05/2019
- NPA Early Career Psychologists Committee, Member - 01/2017-05/2019
- SPTA Federal Advocacy Coordinator for state of Nevada - 08/2017-05/2018
- VASNHS Diversity Committee, Co-Chair - 04/2017-06/2017
- VA Psychology Training Committee, Member - 09/2016-06/2017
- VA Transgender Treatment Council, Member - 09/2014-08/2015
- Ad hoc reviewer, Sexual Health and Compulsivity - 9/2021-Present
- Ad hoc reviewer, Journal of Traumatic Stress - 11/2015-06/2018
In the Media