Dr. Laurence Levine M.D. graduated the University of Colorado school of medicine in 1980. For the past 25 years his primary focus has been in the fields of andrology and reconstructive urology.
He has helped countless men with Peyronie's disease and the issues associated with it like, sexual function disorders, male infertility, congenital deformities, and deformities of the penis.
He is considered to be one of the world's leading authorities on erectile dysfunction and Peyronie's disease and once held the position of President of SMSNA (Sexual Medicine Society of North America, Inc.) where he also received the lifetime achievement award.
Other areas of expertise include male hypogonadism, stricture disease, chronic scrotal content pain, and urethral reconstruction.
- University of Colorado School of Medicine M.D.
- Urology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Chief Resident, American Hospital of Paris (France)
- General Surgery, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Society for Male Reproduction and Urology
- Sexual Medicine Society of North America
- American Association of Clinical Urologists
- International Society of Sexual Medicine
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow (FACS)
- American Urological Association
- Chicago Urological Society
- Society of Genitourinary Reconstructive Surgeons
- Society of Urologic Prosthetic Surgeons
Peer Reviewed Publications
National Library of Medicine - 199 Peer reviewed articles
- Former president of SMSNA
- B.A. with Honors in Biology, Phi Beta Kappa - Trinity College
- Carbon Gillespie Award for Excellence in Gross Anatomy
- University of Colorado Medical School Admissions Committee Service Award
- Leadership Committee - Massachusetts Medical Society
- Fellowship - American Cancer Society
- First Prize Midwest Society of Plastic Surgeons The Sensate Functional Totally Reconstructed Phallus.
- First Prize - 46th Annual Senior Scientific Session University of Chicago. Levine L.A., Mutchnik, S.E., Bassiouny, H.S. - Penile Duplex Sonography in the Screening Evaluation of Vasculogenic Impotence
- Second Prize - Clinical Research - Chicago Urologic Society Residency Essay Contest . Jarrard, D.F.& Levine, L.A. - Treatment of Cyclophosphamide Induced Hemorrhagic Cystitis
- Second Prize - Basic Research - Chicago Urologic Society Residency Essay Contest B Kranc, D.M & Levine, L.A. - Prostaglandin Bladder Irrigation for Treatment of Cyclophosphamide-Induced Hemorrhagic Cystitis in the Rat Model.
- First Prize - Video Section - 5th World Congress of Impotence: A Modified Radial Forearm Flap for Total Phallic Construction. Milan, Italy, September 1992.
- BEST DOCTORS IN AMERICA - Urology/Impotence. Elected by Woodward/White National Physician Survey
- Certificate of Merit - Video Section American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery - A New Design for Sensate Functional Total Phallic Reconstruction
- Second Prize - Clinical Research - Chicago Urological Society Resident Essay Contest - Merrick, P. F. & Levine, L.A. - Calcium Antagonist Therapy for Peyronie's Disease
- Second Prize - Clinical Research - Chicago Urological Society Resident Essay Contest - Coogan, C. L. & Levine, L. A. - Penile Vascular Assessment Using Color Duplex Ultrasonography in Men with Peyronie's Disease
- Best Poster at AUA 90th Annual Poster Session on Impotence - Clinical Research Further Experience with Verapamil Injection for Peyronie's Disease
- Second Prize - Clinical Research. Chicago Urological Society Resident Essay Contest. Lisek, E. and Levine, L.A. - Successful Sperm Retrieval Using Percutaneous Epididymal and Testicular Aspiration Technique
- First Prize - Clinical Research. Rush Surgical Forum. Lenting, E.L. and Levine, L.A. - Experience with a Surgical Algorithm for Peyronie’s Disease
- First Prize - Clinical Research. Chicago Urological Society. Resident Essay Contest. Elterman, L. and Levine, L.A. - Urethroplasty in Patients Following Total Phallic Reconstruction 1994- 2014 - Elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America® – Urology
- First Prize – Clinical Research Chicago Urological Resident Essay Contest Matkov, T. and Levine, L.A. - Microdenervation of the spermatic cord and chronic orchialgia
- 2004-2005 President Chicago Urological Society
- 1998-2015 TOP DOCTORS IN CHICAGO (Chicago Magazine)
- 1998-2014 AMERICA’S TOP DOCTORS – Urology
- Ronald W. Lewis Lifetime Achievement Award – Sexual Medicine Society of North America (SMSNA)
- State of Illinois - 036-075314
- Diplomate, American Board of Urology
In the Media